Taking care of oneself is always a priority. However, imperfections on the exterior part of the body can be dangerously alarming. One of such cases is a dent in the thigh or the thigh muscle specifically. In case there is a lack of awareness, it could come across as a serious situation. It could be placed anywhere on the exterior part and positioned either vertically or horizontally.
There are Multiple Causes as to why you might have a dent in the thigh muscle
If there are signs, there must be reasons. It is not a deadly condition, but it is always safer to be on the positive side. It could be because of one of the following reasons.
- Loss of fat: health conditions are scary. Any deformations can cause you to freak out naturally. In case you have been undergoing any kind of health transformation, loss of fat from the area can cause the thigh muscle to form a dent.
- Trauma: bumping into hard surfaces or getting hurt in general can also cause a dent in the thigh muscle. Fatty tissues tend to shrink and this disappearance of the adipose underneath the skin causes the muscle to form a dent.
- When you lean against something very hard: there is a possible reason why you have that dent in your thigh muscle. It could be because you were leaning on against any object for a prolonged period. However, this is a temporary dent which can heal on its own without any external treatment. This is common among people who work in stores and have to stand and lean for longer periods.
- Anatomy is naturally built that way: it is possible that it is a birth deformation and the anatomy of an individual is built that way. fissures could be of any shape or size. If you are noticing it for the first time, it is recommended that you get it tested by a physician.
- Low body fat: low body fat or fat loss in the body is a leading cause of dent in the thigh muscle. It is not something that you should be scared of. Lower body fat can mean that you are fit and have a lower percentage of body fat.
See Also: Dent in Head?
How do you treat these dents?
Well, as long as the disease is not critical, it is curable. A dent in the thigh muscle is a physical deformity and can be taken care of easily. Indentations are formed due to externally applied pressure and it can be healed. It just needs time and patience.
- You could try gaining some weight: loss of body fat is one of the leading causes of a dent in the body. It is always recommended that you change your nutrition plan and gain some weight such that the fat percentage is compensated and becomes normal. It will not only help you get rid of those fissures and dents but also give you slender and fit look which is always the best path to tread on.
- Spontaneous results: most of us are impatient and do not want to wait for the imperfections to heal. Instantaneous results are not possible, and everything takes time. Applied pressure can be released only over a period and you need to hold your loins until then.
- Surgery: if the fissure or dent is unnatural in nature, you can always choose to go for a reconstructive surgery. It is slightly expensive and cosmetic surgery is always carried on only if you find a good professional to do it for you.
- Fat Grafting: Fat grafting is another quick way to gain body fat. Fat grafting is risky yet recommended if you have a good surgeon available.
Seeking medical attention for a dent in the thigh muscle is not a matter of embarrassment. It is the imperfection you want to get rid of to fit into the perception of what is visually appealing. It is not a medical emergency that requires immediate attention. However, if it bothers you, you can seek out consultation which can be handled across multiple appointments and tests. In most of the cases, it has been known to heal on its own. However, ensure that you stay away from applying any kind of pressure on the dented area so as to not accentuate it further.